This easy appetizer recipe is a Romanian traditional food. You will also be able to prepare a delicious and healthy soup broth from boiling the vegetables needed for this recipe.
· 4 chicken breats (or 1 pound of beef)
· 4-5 carrots
· 2 parsnip root
· 1 parsley root
· 1 celery root ( 1/2 for a large root)
· 7-8 large sour pickles (I like a lot of pickles and sometimes use an entire large jar.. adjust to your taste)
· 3 potatoes
· mayonnaise (enough to mix into the salad and make it wet)
· a pinch of salt (again, adjust salt to taste)
1. Boil the vegetables and the meat in the soup, remove and let cool completely before dicing. (If you cut while hot you don’t get nice cubes and some of the vegetables smash so the texture of the salad will be different)
2. Cut the meat, the potato, the carrots, parsnip, parsley, the celery root and the pickles into very small cubes.
3. Mix everything and add enough mayonnaise to bind the ingredients together and add extra depending on your taste.
Boil your favorite soup noodles (I use my mother-in-law's homemade soup noodles) and then serve with the broth from the vegetables and meat!
Cooking with Joanna
My passion for food is a huge part of my life. I love trying new foods and creating new and interesting recipes.