Prep time:15 min
Cook time:25 min
Serves: Makes 20 biscuits
These are really easy to make and always nice to have waiting for any guests to stop by. I ALWAYS have people, friends and family stopping by unexpectedly to say hi so having these simple tasty cookies already made make for a nice afternoon tea with company!
Make Easter biscuits using just an oval cookie cutter and a sharp knife to make broken egg-shaped biscuits.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and butter a baking sheet.
2. Using a food processor, whizz the flour and butter to breadcrumbs then add the sugar, lemon zest and egg yolks and process to make a dough.
3. Roll the dough out onto a floured work surface until it is 5mm thick and cut out using an oval-shaped cookie cutter. Using a sharp knife, cut a zig-zag near the top and split into two biscuits to create the broken egg effect.
4. Transfer onto the baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
5. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with icing sugar to decorate.
Cooking with Joanna
My passion for food is a huge part of my life. I love trying new foods and creating new and interesting recipes.